ant-user mailing list archives

From "Brown, Carlton" <>
Subject RE: Question on how to to debug mapper issues
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2005 03:33:35 GMT

Quite helpful, thanks.

> 2) I found that using relative locations in "to"
> attribute of <mapper> to be tricky. I would rewrite it
> a little bit:
> <property name="project.classes"
> location="build/classes"/>
> <uptodate property="is.uptodate">
>   <srcfile dir="src" includes="**/*.java"/>
>   <mapper type="glob" from="*.java"
>      to="${project.classes}/*.class"/>
> </uptodate>

Sure enough, you were correct.  It seems that the "to" attribute does
not handle literal relative paths very well.  If I store the relative
path as the location attribute of a property, no problem doing anything
at all.

What's up with this?  Does anybody else find that buggy, or is it just

Thanks for the assistance, this problem was really irritating.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message