ant-user mailing list archives

From "Brown, Carlton" <Carlton.Br...@BellSouth.com>
Subject RE: Subdirectory problem/always recompiles
Date Sat, 19 Nov 2005 00:43:04 GMT

considerations
> I can't change the dir structure, so I've tried to work around this
with
> some clever mapping and globbing.   I couldn't come up with a solution
> so I thought I'd bring it here.
>

> Here's my source directory hierarchy:
>
>  src/gadget/alpha/com/company/foo
>  src/gadget/beta/com/company/foo
>  src/gadget/gamma/com/company/foo
>

> here's the output class hierarchy:
> classes/com/company/foo
>
> And to make it more difficult, the files in the 3 subdirectories all
> depend on each other.

I stumbled on a solution that worked for me, using multiple path entries
as attributes of the <javac> task.

The solution fragment looks like thus (assuming the project basedir
contains the directory gadget):

<javac srcdir="gadget/alpha:gadget/beta:gadget/gamma"
destdir="../classes">

I didn't know you could do this, but this prevented the second compile
for me.  Thanks to those who responded.