ant-user mailing list archives

From "Brown, Carlton" <Carlton.Br...@BellSouth.com>
Subject Subdirectory problem/always recompiles
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2005 23:15:07 GMT
I've got a situation where the directory structure of the source code
doesn't exactly correspond to the package structure, and therefore the
javac task always recompiles.   Due to a number of policy considerations
I can't change the dir structure, so I've tried to work around this with
some clever mapping and globbing.   I couldn't come up with a solution
so I thought I'd bring it here.

Here's my source directory hierarchy:

 src/gadget/alpha/com/company/foo

 src/gadget/beta/com/company/foo

 src/gadget/gamma/com/company/foo

here's the output class hierarchy:

classes/com/company/foo

And to make it more difficult, the files in the 3 subdirectories all
depend on each other.

What's the correct way to write this so that it compiles only when the
target is not up to date?

Sorry if this is a trivial question, I admit I'm new to the product and
am having some trouble with it.