ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problem using ant, subant for Big Projects
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 19:39:55 GMT
On Fri, 4 Nov 2005, aubie au <aubie_wareagle1@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I tried by defining by taskdef in a different way and
> it works now. In the task definition, I dont put
> classpath and start ant -lib $MY_LIB, it works fine.

>From Ant's point of view this is more or less the same.

> Does that mean taskdef implementation has a problem?

No, it means that either we have a memory leak that prevents
AntClassLoader instances from being collected - or it means the Java
VM needs some special encouragement in order to garbage collect
classloaders.

If throwing in some Java command line arguments fixes the situation, I
tend to believe the later is the case.

> I liked your articles,"New Ant 1.6 Features for Big
> Projects" & "Ant 1.6 for Task Writers", they are very
> informative.

Thanks

        Stefan