ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jon Skeet" <Jon.Sk...@clearswift.com>
Subject RE: Classpath in external file
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 15:13:29 GMT
> I have a situation where I have a few projects, each one have
> its own build, but all use the same classpath reference for
> compilation.
> I have a huge classpath defined, and I don't want to repeat
> it in every single script. What I did so far is to define the
> classpath in a certain project and then import it in every
> other project. This is not possible for me anymore, as the
> projects structure is about to change. I can not use the
> classapth alone in a file, because ANT requires a target
> within a script.
> Does anyone have any idea how to solve this issue?

<snip>

Just have a "help" target (with the filename in it or something similar
to stop it from overriding anything else) which is the default, and just
echoes something like "This file is designed to be imported from other
projects".

Jon

Clearswift monitors, controls and protects all its messaging traffic in compliance with its
corporate email policy using Clearswift products.
Find out more about Clearswift, its solutions and services at http://www.clearswift.com

This communication is confidential and may contain privileged information intended solely
for the named addressee(s). It may not be used or disclosed except for the purpose for which
it has been sent. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or
take any action in reliance on it. Unless expressly stated, opinions in this message are those
of the individual sender and not of Clearswift. If you have received this communication in
error, please notify Clearswift by emailing support@clearswift.com quoting the sender and
delete the message and any attached documents. Clearswift accepts no liability or responsibility
for any onward transmission or use of emails and attachments having left the Clearswift domain.

This footnote confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for Content Security
threats, including computer viruses.