ant-user mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@obsidium.com>
Subject Obtaining error messages from xslt task
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2005 23:10:39 GMT
Hi,

The myfaces project has some documents that make heavy use of xml entity
references (&foo;) to compose a JSP TLD file from multiple parts. The
ant <xslt> task is used to create a document with all these entity
references expanded inline (plus a little pretty-printing).

However some people (including myself) get no error messages when entity
references have mistakes (ie reference an entity that doesn't exist),
while some others get errors reported for this.

We can't figure out why some people get error messages and others don't.
It's probably something to do with build properties, or library versions
or something. I would definitely like to be able to see these error
messages; the problems reported (by the people who do get the messages)
are valid.

Sytems where errors aren't reported:
  * linux, java1.5
  * windows, java1.4