ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <>
Subject Re: apply task trouble for command using < and >
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2005 16:29:28 GMT
Jakob Fix wrote:
> Jan,
> On 28/11/05, <> wrote:
>>I think these steps should works
>>- compile the class (needs ant.jar on classpath)
>>- <taskdef>, e.g. <taskname classname="buildmagic.Apply" name="apply2"/>
>>- use the "new" task
> Now I feel really stupid, but what the hell ... ok, I compiled the
> class like this
>   javac -classpath "./lib/ant.jar"
> which indeed created the Apply.class.  I moved it in the ant/lib
> directory.

ok, so you have a file ant_home/lib/Apply.class

  Then I included this line in the build file:
>   <taskdef name="apply2" classpath="${ant.library.dir}"
> classname="buildmagic.Apply"/>

and you are declaring a need for a class buildmagic.Apply

1. Like any other java class, it needs to be in a proper package tree,
e.g. /buildmagic/Apply
2. ant launcher only adds .jar classes in ant_home/lib.

so jar up the whole tree and stick it in.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message