ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: <exec> and '$' symbol on Solaris 8
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2005 14:53:13 GMT
Nadejda Rylova wrote:
> Word 'output' was used in more common sense. Not output stream but files
> created during utility's work. ProductIndexer itself creates several files,
> not puts their contents to the output stream. So I believe <redirector>
> hardly can help.
>
> As to encoding it seems like every other symbols in the files are normal.
> Though I'm not sure about other special symbols.
>

> Thank you in any case,
> Nadejda

so lets get this right

1. ProductIndexer is a shell script you exec/run on the command line
2. when it runs on the command line it works
3. when run from ant it generates output files that are somehow invalid,
with $ being corrupted

Only you have this problem, so only you are going to be able to fix it.

-if you run with -v you can see the full command sent to the command
line. Try passing that to the program from your shell, and see if it has
the problem "bad arguments"

-if it aint that, it is probably some environmental thing. But what, I
dont know