ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Subdirectory problem/always recompiles
Date Sun, 20 Nov 2005 21:33:14 GMT
Brown, Carlton wrote:
> I've got a situation where the directory structure of the source code
> doesn't exactly correspond to the package structure, and therefore the
> javac task always recompiles.   Due to a number of policy considerations
> I can't change the dir structure, so I've tried to work around this with
> some clever mapping and globbing.   I couldn't come up with a solution
> so I thought I'd bring it here.

I really think you ought to compile to the spec. the issue is not just
that ant's dependency logic demands it, but so does javac, both on the
command line and in <javac>

when you hand off a .java file to be compiled, and something it imports
aint there, then javac finds and compiles it first, using the package
name to locate it. Break the package naming rules, and javac breaks.

Whatever your policy is, it's broken. sorry. try and get it fixed again.

-steve