ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Example Ant 1.6 build files for project with multiple WAR and JAR modules?
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 11:14:13 GMT
Lawrie Gallardo wrote:

>> <item type="gratuitous product placement" entry="2" >
>>
>> As and when I complete the second edition of Java development with Ant
>> (yes, I am behind schedule), there will be some sample stuff that does
>> it more simply. I havent written the target to zip up all the source
>> tree to provide an example, but I could do that in the next couple of
>> days if you'd like.
>>
>> </item>
>

> Thanks, Steve, that would be incredibly helpful if you could.
>
> BTW I'm really looking forward to the book, so I hope you haven't got
> too much left to do!

well, the 'big project' chapter did take about 10 weeks all in; it is
probably so big that it should split into two.

But I'm backing off from any XDoclet coverage because
  -XDoclet 1.2.x doesnt work on java1.5
  -XDoclet 2.0 isnt there yet
  -Java 5 annotations threaten the value of the tool

However, there aint java5 annotations for doing taglibs, servlet
declarations, or even (I believe) hibernate bindings. All we get are
stuff to do with EJB3 (sigh) and JAX-RPC 2.0 bindings of methods to SOAP
calls (IMO, RPC is the wrong metaphor for distributed computing over
SOAP). Which is what you get when you have JCP working groups full of
EJB and WS vendors.

Who is doing the java5 annotations for taglibs, servlets &c? Maybe there
is something in tomcat-land. Otherwise I Dont know what to say on that
topic.

-stve