ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: help to convert makefile to build.xml
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2005 16:30:18 GMT
Sethu Prasad G wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> I understand your valuable points,,
>
> This working project itself is a migration kind of doing,, already the product uses the
make only,,

> The proposal is -- at the time of migrating the product to a recent version of servers
( ex : J2EE, LDAP, Database etc,, ) we want to do the same for build process also but with
Ant,, bcos the clients are compelling on that issue,,

that's too big a migration all in one go. you are going to be doomed and
never be able to track down the problem.

start with baby steps, learn ant, apply to a child project. Get ant
working then migrate to the servers, or migrate the servers and move to
ant. dont try both at the same time.