ant-user mailing list archives

From "Bozorgdadeh, Afshin" <AFSHIN.BOZORGZA...@fmr.com>
Subject RE: Backup before deploy
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2005 16:30:11 GMT
My last 2cents
You could get the job done or you could just brain storm about it.
When you are su to a different user you are creating a chilled process,
so your script has to have a way to communicate with a child process. In
the good old day there was a scripting language name "EXPECT" which
could pass the arguments to the chilled process. But I think you problem
is much simpler than that. Let's break it up in two sections.
Second section first.

2) tar and gzip files with a to privileged restricted location allowed.
    There is a concept of "sticky bit" in UNIX you could create a script
that will run as a privileged user. But anybody could run that scrip.
   #!/usr/bin/sh
   # script to backup file as BIG DUDE
   # scrip name = Backmeup.sh
   tar cvf /BackupDirectory/Mydailybakup.tar    /sorce/needto/bakup/*
   gzip /BackupDirectory/Mydailybakup.tar

after saving this file you have to make this a sticky bit it
   login as the priviladged user and > chmod 4755 Backmeup.sh

Now we are going to do the 1st part
1)
<sshexec host="Host we are going to run the script on"
	username="you"
	password="dude"
	command="/where/thefileIs/Backmeup.sh"/>

Good luck

Best Regards
Afshin Bozorgzadeh
>Fidelity Investments Brokerage Company