ant-user mailing list archives

From "Bozorgdadeh, Afshin" <AFSHIN.BOZORGZA...@fmr.com>
Subject RE: Backup before deploy
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2005 15:32:26 GMT
Hi Keith,
I am new to Ant, but as far as the UNIX goes, when you "su - " you will
lose all your shell !!! So what could I do ???
The easy way out is to write a simple shell script with the privileged
user does your entire grunt work for you on the specific server. At this
point you want to pass the files to the script "owned by the privileged
user" and the script does the tar and compressing.

Best Regards
Afshin Bozorgzadeh
>Fidelity Investments Brokerage Company
>FBCT ClearCase Release Engineer
Afshin.Bozorgzadeh@fmr.com
Phone           603-791-5596
BlackBerry  603-365-0205

-----Original Message-----
From: keith wong [mailto:ckeiwong@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2005 7:02 PM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Backup before deploy

Hello,
I need control remote host thru ssh to tar all backup
file, but I get into problem of "su - " command after
ant <sshexec> in. I not sure how to keep ssh session
and process two steps command to archive. Here is
steps I need to make:
 1. SSH to remote.
 2. su to our user.
 3. tar all backup and save it to privielge
 restricted location allowed
 from that "su"ed user.
 4. compress the tar to save space.

 Thank you for any input.