ant-user mailing list archives

From "Bhatia Saurabh \(CHA\)" <saurabh.bha...@etat.ge.ch>
Subject RE: Recovering the return code from the called build.xml into the calling build.xml
Date Fri, 25 Nov 2005 10:42:19 GMT
Hello Antoine,
After all my tests on this taskdef, I found that an antcallback works in the scope of 1 single
build.xml file ONLY. If my 1st build.xml file makes a call to a target in another build.xml
which in turn does an exec on the host system, I have no way of recovering the resultproperty="my.property"
in the first build.xml.

Example:
Caller code -------------------------------- build1.xml

	  <macrodef name="test-exec">
      		<attribute name="module-1"/>
      		<sequential>
         		<echo message="Test du module @{module-1} (lancement target run-test)" />

         		<ant dir="${revue.dir}/@{module-1}" target="run-test"/>
         		<!--
         		<antcallback return="run-test.result"/>
         		-->
         		<echo message="Status of task run-test is ${run-test.result}" />

        	</sequential>
        </macrodef>
Called code................................. build2.xml

<target name="run-test" description="lancement du test unitaire">
   <echo message="lancement du test unitaire EvenementMetier!!" />
   <exec dir="J:/RefonteAFC/Proto1.4/EvenementMetier/testunitaire"
         executable="TestUnitaire_auto.bat" resolveexecutable="true" output="dir.txt" resultproperty="run-test.result"
		   failonerror="false" vmlauncher="true">
   </exec>
  </target>

Thanks a lot for the pointers anyway... I hope I do find a solution to this really....Its
like saying that a Java object can recover the return value only if the called method is defined
in the same object.

Saurabh