ant-user mailing list archives

From "Cena, Bernard \(IT\)" <Bernard.C...@morganstanley.com>
Subject Logging from custom tasks
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 17:24:06 GMT
Are there any "best practices" for which logging levels to use from
custom ant tasks ?
The 5 levels: MSG_ERR, MSG_WARN, MSG_INFO, MSG_VERBOSE and MSG_DEBUG are
self explanatory, but I'm not certain which levels appear when ? I'm
asking which levels are visible depending on options supplied to ant
(-v, -q, -d) ? Also, is <echo> equivalent of logging at the info level ?
(Asking about this from the point of view of using a custom logger such
as the color logger).
Thanks
Bernard

NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender.  Sender does not waive confidentiality
or privilege, and use is prohibited.