ant-user mailing list archives

From "Cena, Bernard \(IT\)" <Bernard.C...@morganstanley.com>
Subject RE: ant and eclipse CDT
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 09:31:51 GMT
Yves Willems wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I try to get my ant build scripts run under eclipse CDT (C++) but
> without success.

Why use ant for building C++, if I may ask ? CDT has integration with
make.

> It seems like eclipse can't find the full path to ant, although the
> ant settings list all jar files required.

Eclipse has ant integrated (E3.1 comes with ant 1.6.5) and you'd need to
put items on ant's classpath in Eclipse config to make it see any
external tasks. If you are using external tasks it's much simpler to
launch Ant as an external tool from Eclipse. Also, instead of relying on
items being on the classpath, you should make use of antlibs or use
taskdef to make ant aware of extra tasks.