ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fork problem in the task "Java" with long classpath, on Windows OS.
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2005 15:47:50 GMT
> I wrote an Ant build.xml file and I'd like to use the Java task with a very long classpath.
I also need to use the "fork" property (fork="true")
> for setting the amount of memory available for the new JVM.
>
> The task works fine on Linux and on Windows when I use the JRE 1.3.x, but
> I get an java.io.IOException: CreateProcess when I run the task on Windows with the JRE
1.4.2_05-b04 and Ant 1.6.1.
> Have someone the same problem?

Hmmm, I've used <java fork="true"> with some really long classpaths,
much longer than what you show here, although not the particular
combination of OS and JRE. You could try to install directly in
C:\zeus to shorten your classpath quite a bit
("nb_2_1_sup_jdo\benderIsTesting-zeus_2_1_sup\".length() *
classpath-entries less chars), and see if that helps. If it does, then
indeed it's a classpath length issue, and you can use tricks like
create a Jar with an in-manifest Class-Path: attribute interpreted by
the VM directly to work around the issue. --DD