ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <>
Subject Re: <patch> on <filesets>
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2005 15:48:28 GMT
On 11/21/05, Antoine Levy-Lambert <> wrote:
> look at the for and for-each constructs of ant-contrib.
> :

There's no standard way to enforce alphabetical order of files in Ant.
Often the file system will return them in alphabetical order, but there's
no guarantee of that... I had a hack that did that at one point, called
a fileset decorator ;-)

In any case, you may want to also look into <apply>, since I would think
<patch> in fact forks to a system specific patch program.

But for guaranteed order, you may need to write a true (shell?) script
that you exec from Ant.

> Kenneth Rose wrote:
> >P.S. - Patches should be applied in alphabetical order based on their
> >filename.  So if I have:
> >
> >patches/a_nice_patch.diff
> >patches/zzz_last_one.diff
> >
> >then a_nice_patch.diff is applied before zzz_last_one.diff.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message