ant-user mailing list archives

From Ashley Williams <agwilliams1...@mac.com>
Subject Creating an ant task from xml fragment
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 15:39:32 GMT
Hi,

I have a fragment of ant xml and would like to create a task or
target from it in my java code. For example here is the xml text:

                 <ejbdoclet ejbspec="2.1">
                   <fileset includes="**/*Bean.java"/>
                   <deploymentdescriptor/>
                   <remoteinterface/>
                   <homeinterface/>
                   <localinterface/>
                   <localhomeinterface/>
                   <jboss version="4.0"/>        <!----- this is a
subtask, could prove tricky -->
                 </ejbdoclet>

And from the xdoclet website the ejb doclet class is:
xdoclet.modules.ejb.EjbDocletTask, which I believe will help form a
taskdef.
So from these two pieces of information, can I create the
corresponding task/target that I can run in my code?

Also can I run a task on its own or does it have to be in a target?

Any pseudo code inside the following method would be very helpful -
although the less pseudo the better ;)

Target createTarget(Node xml, Class taskdefClass) {
}

Thanks
- AW