ant-user mailing list archives

From Leon Pu <>
Subject Re: Max memory usage of extends class
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 17:02:55 GMT
--- Dominique Devienne <> wrote:

> > is it possible to configure the max memory usage of
> > extends class?
> >
> > Here is my current build script. It will out of memory when the
> task is
> > memory cosuming.
> No. Only one a forked JVM can you do that. You can OTOH set a higher
> maxmemory for the Ant JVM inside which your task runs. It's in the
> faq
> I'm sure, and I think the option is called -Xmx. Google it ;-) --DD

I searched Ant's FAQ but didn't find the relevant explanation. I knew
several Ant tasks have the attribute for max memory, but there seems no
one for ant command itself and extends class.

I will try [ant -f $MY_BUILDFILE -Djvmargs=-Xmx1024m $MY_TARGET] to
check whether the max memory ant use is the one assigned.

Best regards,

Yahoo! Music Unlimited

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: