ant-user mailing list archives

From Sethu Prasad G <g_sethupra...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: help to convert makefile to build.xml
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2005 13:43:33 GMT
Hi Steve,

I understand your valuable points,,

This working project itself is a migration kind of doing,, already the product uses the make
only,,

The proposal is -- at the time of migrating the product to a recent version of servers ( ex
: J2EE, LDAP, Database etc,, ) we want to do the same for build process also but with Ant,,
bcos the clients are compelling on that issue,,

regards,

Sethu.

Steve Loughran <stevel@apache.org> wrote:
Sethu Prasad G wrote:
> Jeff, I feel sorry for my mistake,
>
> --- the things at my end are like what is the equivlent of make's strip function in Ant
and the like --- working on an urgent release --- which makes me to write to this list.

first rule of successful projects: never change big things like the
build process just before the release.

stick with make until you ship, then migrate. If you have to use ant
right now, you can always exec Ant from make. Use the unix ant command
or , on windows, runant.pl or runant.py to get error codes propagating back.

-steve