ant-user mailing list archives

From "Rebhan, Gilbert" <Gilbert.Reb...@huk-coburg.de>
Subject RE: Substring
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 08:31:08 GMT

Hi,

echo ${Prop1}${Prop2} to yourfile.txt
then use a filterchain when loading
the contents of that file in a new property =

<loadfile property="bla" srcfile="C:/yourfile.txt">
            <filterchain>
                <replacestring from="//" to="/" />
            </filterchain>
        </loadfile>

<echo>${bla}</echo>

gives you >>> /my/folder/my other folder/

Gilbert

-----Original Message-----
From: Remo Liechti [mailto:remo.liechti@swisslog.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2005 8:46 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Substring

Good Morning
Is it possible to to some string operations on a property?

Example:
Prop1: "/my/folder/"
Prop2: "/my other folder/"

Now I log:
File moved to: ${Prop1}${Prop2}

This logs:
"/my/folder//my other folder/"

The double slash is not nice... But I need all the slashes in Prop1 and
Prop2... So I need to do a substring action on one of the properties.
I took a look at the documentation of ANT but did not found some string
operations or stuff like this. I think there is such things, may be I
looked at the wrong place. If so, please tell me where I have to look
next time ;)

Thank you

Remo