ant-user mailing list archives

From Petar Tahchiev <paranoia...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ant or Subant question
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2005 06:51:39 GMT
On 26/10/05, Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de <Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de> wrote:

> Mmh, just have a look at the last example in <subant>s manual [1].
> A project has several modules. Each module has in own buildfile, which is
> basically
> a project standard file - so it´s only one <import> statement.
>
> And there is a master buildfile which builds all modules. Just call a
> "compile" on
> the master and you´ll get all modules compiled.
> Ok, extend that scenario just to 30 modules ...
>
> What is the different between <subant> and <ant>?
>
> What to do if you want to add another module?
>

> Jan
>

> [1] http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/subant.html

Thank you Jan. I got it.

However I was asking myself another question. What happens with the basedir
project's attributes? I saw you can pass a property, but what happens if
there exists already defined basedir property and you pass one to the build
you are calling with subant? I know that properties are immutable, but I
also know that basedir is a "special" property, which reminds me another
question: what is the special of the basedir property?
Thank you again!

--
Regards, Petar!