ant-user mailing list archives

From Jakob Fix <jakob....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: <replaceregexp>
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2005 14:21:00 GMT
On 20/10/05, Greg Winton <greg.winton@gmail.com> wrote:
> Mikael,
>
> >> &#34;
>
> >This is a numeric (hexadecimal) entity representing the >double quote
> > >character. You can use it to represent double quote >characters inside
> > >attribute values.
> >

>  you can use "&quot;" as well. I find this a little less cryptic.
>
> > try this:
> > > <replaceregexp file="index.htm">
> > > <regexp pattern="^.*\(&#34;CUSTOM_APPL_REV&#34;.*VALUE =
> > > &#34;[A-Z0-9]&#34;\)"/>
> > > <substitution
> > > expression="\1${product_number_html}\_${product_revision_html}"/>
> > > </replaceregexp>
>

> I believe this will still not work unless you surround the "^.*" in
> parentheses as well. "\1" matches the first grouped pattern (ie, pattern in
> parentheses), "\2" matches the second, etc. That sa id, I am relatively new
> to ant and it's regex syntax may vary from those I am used to.

I would actually suggest to use non-greedy regex constructs for the
two occurrences of ".*", otherwise you may have cases where your
catchall expressions match more than you want.

[^&#34;]* zero or more characters that are not a double quote (you may
have to escape special characters :-)) - so as to match everything up
to the first double quote.

[^V]+ one or more characters that are not a capital V - avoids
matching more than wanted.

This is all untested.

--
cheers,