ant-user mailing list archives

From Greg Winton <greg.win...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: <replaceregexp>
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2005 14:10:37 GMT
Mikael,

>> &#34;

>This is a numeric (hexadecimal) entity representing the >double quote
> >character. You can use it to represent double quote >characters inside
> >attribute values.

 you can use "&quot;" as well. I find this a little less cryptic.

> try this:
> > <replaceregexp file="index.htm">
> > <regexp pattern="^.*\(&#34;CUSTOM_APPL_REV&#34;*VALUE =
> > <substitution
> > expression="\1${product_number_html}\_${product_revision_html}"/>
> > </replaceregexp>

I believe this will still not work unless you surround the "^.*" in
parentheses as well. "\1" matches the first grouped pattern (ie, pattern in
parentheses), "\2" matches the second, etc. That sa id, I am relatively new
to ant and it's regex syntax may vary from those I am used to.

Hope this helps,

Greg