ant-user mailing list archives

From Jeffrey E Care <ca...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: look up property value inside custom condition...
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2005 16:57:11 GMT
Have you tried implementing the "setProject(oata.Project)" method? One of
the committers could say for sure, but I think the introspector will call
that method, even if the class in question does not extend from
oata.ProjectComponent...

JEC
--
Jeffrey E. Care (carej@us.ibm.com)
WebSphere v7 Release Engineer

Brian Kuhn <bnkuhn@gmail.com> wrote on 10/13/2005 12:51:28 PM:

> Yeah, I think that's the 'old' way of writing conditions. It's pretty
much
> like writing a task. I was hoping to extend
> org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.condition.Equals, which extends
> java.lang.Object and implements
> org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.condition.Condition. It doesn't look like
> that's going to work. I got it to work using the groovy ant task anyway.
> Thanks for the input.
>
> -Brian
>

> On 10/13/05, Jeffrey E Care <carej@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> >
> > IIRC so long as your condition impl. class extends form
> > oata.ProjectComponent you can get a handle to the project. One way to
do
> > this would be to extend oata.taskdefs.condition.ConditionBase
> >
> > --
> > Jeffrey E. Care (carej@us.ibm.com)
> > WebSphere v7 Release Engineer
> > WebSphere Build Tooling Lead (Project Mantis)
> >

> > Brian Kuhn <bnkuhn@gmail.com> wrote on 10/13/2005 11:59:39 AM:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I'm writing a custom condition that needs to get the value of a
property
> > in
> > > the project. How do I get a reference to the project from a
condition?
> > In a
> > > custom task, I would call this.getProject().getProperty("foo").
Since