ant-user mailing list archives

From Jeffrey E Care <ca...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: More default behavior expected
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2005 13:28:43 GMT
-v is for VERBOSE mode
-d is for DEBUG mode

--
Jeffrey E. Care (carej@us.ibm.com)
WebSphere v7 Release Engineer

<duvelbier-tsmets@yahoo.com>
10/17/2005 09:14 AM
Please respond to
"Ant Users List"

Ant Users <user@ant.apache.org>
cc

Subject
More default behavior expected

When I create a task, the 'verbosity' level of the log is a bit weird
IMHO.
Namely, I find it weird that the fact that I set the switch '-v' when I
run the ant task is not
kick up the verbosity level of the task. I would have found it nice that
'-v' would have made all
log statement in DEBUG mode are shown. Similarilly, the fact that I define
a 'verbose' attribute
on my task should have a similar effect as the '-v' switch.

This being said I do not see where I can write the logging statement for
them to be sent to the
console when the '-v' switch is set ... ?

\T,

--
Any fool can write code that a computer can understand.
Good programmers write code that humans can understand.