ant-user mailing list archives

From Jeffrey E Care <ca...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: How can ant detect it is running on a 64 bit machine?
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2005 01:34:40 GMT
Here are a couple of ideas:

*use a wrapper script to set a system environment variable, which you can
access with <property env="..."/>
*write a custom task that can make the determination in Java code
*use <script> to write custom logic (don't know if this is realistic - I
don't really use <script>)

--
Jeffrey E. Care (carej@us.ibm.com)
WebSphere v7 Release Engineer

"Marion, Patrick" <patrick.marion@certive.com> wrote on 10/13/2005
08:06:06 PM:

> Problem:
>    have ant tell me whether I am running on a 64 bit architecture.
>
> I thought the solution was:
>
>    check for the value of the "os.arch" property.
>
> Unfortunately, if I can make something out of the value returned on
Windows