ant-user mailing list archives

From <pritesh.saha...@wipro.com>
Subject RE: Size of zip file
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2005 04:04:26 GMT

I splitted one 501MB tar.gz file on linux using split command like this:

split -b 10m iall.tar.gz CASH

which was broken into 51 files in format CASHaa, CASHab - CASHaz than
CASHba - CASHby, than I used cat command to rejoin them like this:

cat CASHa[a-z] CASHb[a-z] > iall.tar.gz

after rejoing the file was perfect.

Yes in ANT we can implement this as feature as a command line file
splitter,
While surfing net I came across one java class file which solve the
problem of command line file splitting

http://www.freebyte.com/hjsplit/#win32

-Pritesh

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Benson [mailto:gudnabrsam@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2005 10:35 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: Size of zip file

--- Ed Moon <emoon@lowermybills.com> wrote:

> Here's how to use cat to put a file back together
> again:
> 	cat part1 part2 part3 part4 > wholefile
>
> Or
> 	cat part1 > wholefile
> 	cat part2 >> wholefile
> 	cat part3 >> wholefile
> 	cat part4 >> wholefile

or, when they are in order:

        cat part? > wholefile

 should also work.

In the context of Ant, <concat> with <fileset> should
easily handle the reassembly.  Since cat and split are
historically related, I would be +1 to adding a
contributed Java split implementation to Ant core, if
anyone cares to submit one.

-Matt

Confidentiality Notice

intended