ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jon Skeet" <Jon.Sk...@clearswift.com>
Subject RE: How to call an ant script with parameters?
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2005 09:54:09 GMT
> Hi all
> I didnt find an answer to this in the documentaion or in the
> mailinglist archive:
>
> To run a ant script, I have to call it like this:
>
> Ant -buildfile MyAntScript.xml MyTarget
>
> I call my ant script using batch files on windows. Now I need
> to set some parameters to the ant script dynamicly, like:
>
> Ant -buildfile MyAntScript.xml MyTarget MyParameter1 MyParameter2
>
> And so on. How do I access such parameters inside of
> MyAntScript.xml? Is it possible?
> Cause of ant's syntax, MyParameter1 and 2 would be another
> target... :/

You define them as properties:

ant -f MyAntScript.xml MyTarget -DMyProperty1=MyParameter1
-DMyProperty2=MyParameter2

Jon

Clearswift monitors, controls and protects all its messaging traffic in compliance with its
corporate email policy using Clearswift products.
Find out more about Clearswift, its solutions and services at http://www.clearswift.com

This communication is confidential and may contain privileged information intended solely
for the named addressee(s). It may not be used or disclosed except for the purpose for which
it has been sent. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or
take any action in reliance on it. Unless expressly stated, opinions in this message are those
of the individual sender and not of Clearswift. If you have received this communication in
error, please notify Clearswift by emailing support@clearswift.com quoting the sender and
delete the message and any attached documents. Clearswift accepts no liability or responsibility
for any onward transmission or use of emails and attachments having left the Clearswift domain.

This footnote confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for Content Security
threats, including computer viruses.