ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jon Skeet" <Jon.Sk...@clearswift.com>
Subject RE: Importing files - at the end of the file or not?
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2005 09:53:11 GMT
> > They claim that an imported file is added to the *end* of the
> > importing file. That would suggest to me that top-level
> tasks in the
> > imported file would get executed *after* the top-level
> tasks in the importing file.
>
> I was wrong. I found out I was wrong last week. I will go
> back and change the document.
>
> In Ant1.6.0 the imports where tacked in at the end, but
> somewhere between then and ant1.6.5 imports were fixed to go
> in inline.
>
> Sorry jon.

No problem - I'm glad it works the way it now does! (That does sound
like a scarily breaking change though.)

> Note also that that doc is about ant1.7. Some bits of it are
> untrue w.r.t Ant1.6 :)

That's okay - as far as I can see, you've been very careful to label
which bits are 1.7-specific.

> > On a side-note - it's nice to be back on the list :)
>
> welcome back. I believe you still have write access to the
> -now SVN- repository.

That's a sobering thought.

Jon

Clearswift monitors, controls and protects all its messaging traffic in compliance with its
corporate email policy using Clearswift products.
Find out more about Clearswift, its solutions and services at http://www.clearswift.com

This communication is confidential and may contain privileged information intended solely
for the named addressee(s). It may not be used or disclosed except for the purpose for which
it has been sent. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or
take any action in reliance on it. Unless expressly stated, opinions in this message are those
of the individual sender and not of Clearswift. If you have received this communication in
error, please notify Clearswift by emailing support@clearswift.com quoting the sender and
delete the message and any attached documents. Clearswift accepts no liability or responsibility
for any onward transmission or use of emails and attachments having left the Clearswift domain.

This footnote confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for Content Security
threats, including computer viruses.