ant-user mailing list archives

From "Remo Liechti" <remo.liec...@swisslog.com>
Subject RE: Logging - I need a concept
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2005 11:24:16 GMT
Hi
Yes, but this logs also stuff I dont need... Like:

getDocuments:
      [ftp] sending files
      [ftp] 1 files sent
   [delete] Deleting 1 files from C:\temp\mssDocPublisher

This part should look like this in the logile:

Sending Zip file "myFile.zip" to myFTPServer/sopme/location, containing:
- File 1
- File 2
- File 3
- ...

Deleted file "MyFile.zip" from from C:\temp\mssDocPublisher

You see, I need a very different logger to do such things. May be it is possible to run a
loger on its own and send the information that has to be logged to it? I mean, I write a small
Java logger which is able to receive data somehow, and it writes the data in the log file.
This loger has to be started via the ant scripot as the first action and shut down at the
end.

Or something like this? If so, how can I communicate from ant to this loger?
Or is it possible to write an ant task which logs the information and which can be accesed
out of my three hava programs?

Remo