ant-user mailing list archives

From James Taylor <tiptas...@gmail.com>
Subject forked VM issue
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2005 10:06:54 GMT
Hello,
I've recently installed java 5 on a machine I remote log into and develop
on. Bit in order to run the VM (virtual machine) I need to give -client flag
to java ie java –client
The machine is a solaris machine and the default option is –server and I
don't know how to make client VM the default.
So in order to run ant I've set a environment variable ANT_OPS to include
–client switch and ant now runs – hurray!!
In the build file I have a junit task and I want to put in a batchtest task
with a fork = "yes" option… but the VM breaks as the task starts a seperate
VM that seemingly disregards the ANT_OPS -client environment variable.
The work around is to set the junit option <jvmarg value = "-client" />
which gives the forked junit VM the client switch, but I would like to fork
the batchtest not the junit task.
Question is how to?

…I want to run each test in a separate VM, maybe forking the junit task
might do this anyways?
…I'm a little confused. If I make a test suite and add the test cases to it
will they run separately so maybe I'm getting too complicated?

Regards,
James.