ant-user mailing list archives

From "Scot P. Floess" <flo...@mindspring.com>
Subject Problem converting path to property when a fileset's dir does not exist
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2005 17:46:07 GMT
I was wondering if anyone can please help me?  I am having trouble
converting a path to a property when a fileset's dir does not exist.
The error I received from ant is:  "XXX not found." where XXX is the
value of LIB_HOME as listed below:

   <path id = "JAVA_CLASS_PATH_REF_ID">
        <pathelement location = "${JAVA_CLASSES_HOME}"/>

        <fileset dir = "${LIB_HOME}">
            <include name = "**.jar"/>
        </fileset>

    </path>

    <property name = "JAVA_CLASS_PATH" refid = "JAVA_CLASS_PATH_REF_ID"/>

I have tried a number of different things from using a <selector> to
examining the Path.java defined in taskdefs.  The source indicates that
if the directory does not exist, the error I see is raised (well the
message is raised in an exception).

The only reason I am wanting to do this is to <echo> the path in a
"print-properties" task I have written.  I considered using
<echoproperties/> but apparently it does not list paths.

Thanks,

Scot

--
Scot P. Floess