ant-user mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: More default behavior expected
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2005 13:43:51 GMT
>When I create a task, the 'verbosity' level of the log is a
>bit weird IMHO.
>Namely, I find it weird that the fact that I set the switch
>'-v' when I run the ant task is not kick up the verbosity
>level of the task.

A task doesnt have a log level. The log level is set for Ants logging
facilities.

public class MyLogClass extends Task {
    public void execute() {
        log("error message", Project.MSG_ERR);
        log("warn message", Project.MSG_WARN);
        log("info message", Project.MSG_INFO);
        log("verbose message", Project.MSG_VERBOSE);
        log("debug message", Project.MSG_DEBUG);
        log("default message - should be info");
    }
}

same as for <echo>.

Jan