ant-user mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: make properites of data in file
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2005 09:23:02 GMT
The easiest way is defining the Ant properties and creating the product.attributes.
But you can parse that file and assign properties ... using your own task.

Quick hack (without any error handling). It parses the first line to get the meta data
and parses the second line for the data. After that it stores the values.

Jan

<project>

<scriptdef name="getProductInfos" language="javascript">
    <attribute name="prefix"/>
    <attribute name="file"/>
    <![CDATA[
        // imports
        importClass(Packages.org.apache.tools.ant.util.FileUtils);

        // constants
        splitChar = ":";

        // arguments
        prefix = attributes.get("prefix");
        file   = attributes.get("file");

        // read the file
        rdr = new java.io.FileReader(file);
        content = FileUtils.readFully(rdr);

        // split into metadata and content data
        lines = content.split( project.getProperty("line.separator") );
        header = lines[0];
        body = lines[1];

        // get the metadata
        metaData = header.split(splitChar);

        // get the content data and save as Ant properties
        contentData = body.split(splitChar);
        for (i=0; i<contentData.length; i++) {
            project.setNewProperty(prefix + "." + metaData[i], contentData[i]);
        }
    ]]>
</scriptdef>

<getProductInfos prefix="prod" file="product.attributes"/>
<echoproperties prefix="prod"/>

</project>