ant-user mailing list archives

From "Vo, David \(Mission Systems\)" <David...@ngc.com>
Subject Why isn't cvstagdiff able to handle multiple modules?
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2005 23:43:49 GMT
According to the ANT documentation, it should be able to accept a space delimited list of modules
but I have seen this is not the case.

Beginning of file ...

<property name="cvs.modules" value="Katepult Messaging Common Reusable Si3 Test UserDoc
XML deployment ExampleAgent Specifications QATestAgent QARemoteTestAgent" />

  <echo message="Performing CVS Diff: ${cvslastgoodbuildtimestamp} to ${cvstimestamp}"
/>
   <cvstagdiff
    cvsroot="${cvs.root}"
    destfile="/home/builds/log/cvs_diff.xml"
    package="${cvs.modules}"
    startDate="${cvslastgoodbuildtimestamp}"
    endDate="${cvstimestamp}"
   />

Sure enough, it diffs the entire list of modules, but when you look at the cvs_diff.xml file,
it's usually void of entries. So I trimmed it down to one module. And it worked. Then I tried
it with two files, with two seperate cvstagdiff entries. Guess what? It replaces the file
each time. Why is this? Why bother allowing cvstagdiff the ability to diff multiple packages
if it just replaces instead of appends?

Now my config is twice as large as it needs to be because it has to run a seperate cvstagdiff
for each package and has to write to a dozen different files.

Any ideas around this?

Thanks,
David