ant-user mailing list archives

From <hind.lwahh...@accenture.com>
Subject RE: webpshere application server 6 , ant and versions of ant
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2005 08:16:00 GMT
Thanks for your answer Jeffrey.
Another point: so can you imagine a scenario where ant 1.6.5 is used but with  websphere tasks

library(com.ibm.websphere.ant.tasks.*) included in its path?
My problem is that i use ant for building  java and non-java code, and was concerns only the
fist part...

Hind Lwahhabi.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffrey E Care [mailto:carej@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Tue 10/25/2005 7:03 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: webpshere application server 6 , ant  and versions of ant

> So my question will be rather simple: Are scripts written in
> standard ant  1.6.5 compatible with the ant bundled with WAS 6?(i am
> using <macrodef> and so on..)

Well, as I said before I'm pretty sure that WAS 6.0 bundles Ant 1.5.4; you
should be able to confirm that by running "ws_ant -version".

Assuming that I'm correct then the answer would be no: Ant 1.5.4 can't run
build files that are written to work with 1.6.5, thus the version of Ant
bundled with WAS 6.0 can't either.

--
Jeffrey E. Care (carej@us.ibm.com)
WebSphere v7 Release Engineer