ant-user mailing list archives

From <hind.lwahh...@accenture.com>
Subject RE: webpshere application server 6 , ant and versions of ant
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2005 08:45:48 GMT
Thanks Jeffrey.
So my question will be rather simple: Are scripts written in standard ant  1.6.5 compatible
with the ant bundled with WAS 6?(i am using <macrodef> and so on..)

Hind Lwahhabi.
Accenture Belgium - Financial Services & Insurance
Koningstraat 145 Rue Royale, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
mobile: +32 499567544
phone: + 32 2 226 75 44
E-mail:hind.lwahhabi@accenture.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffrey E Care [mailto:carej@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Mon 10/24/2005 8:01 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: webpshere application server 6 , ant  and versions of ant

> -i understand that WAS comes with its own ant version: is it jus a
> matter of libraries and jars injection in the standard version of
> ant?Can i continue using the standart ant while importing the
> specific WAS jars?

IIRC yes, but good luck finding all the classes that you need to make the
WAS-specific tasks work :-)

> -on which ant version is the WAS v 6 built?

Do you mean the version that we used to build WAS 6.0 or the version that
ships with WAS 6.0? If you meant the former we used a custom build 1.5.4
with some selected patches from the 1.6 branch, plus our own custom
extensions. If you meant the later, if you run "ws_ant -version" it should
tell you, but IIRC it's 1.5.4.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v6r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.websphere.base.doc/info/aes/ae/rovr_antcmd.html

--
Jeffrey E. Care (carej@us.ibm.com)