ant-user mailing list archives

From "Keith Hatton" <khat...@axiomsystems.com>
Subject RE: AW: Problem updating application.xml
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2005 14:47:39 GMT
I've had problems with updating JAR files in the past when the "updated" file is in fact older
than the one already in the archive (and "older" may mean "newer within 2 seconds" on Windoze).
So you may want to <touch> it first. Or as Jan suggested, do an <unear>, then
<copy overwrite="true"> for your application.xml, then <ear> it back up again.

Hope this helps
Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: Charl Gerber [mailto:charlgerber@yahoo.com]
Sent: 07 October 2005 14:17
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: AW: Problem updating application.xml

I can update war and jar files withing the ear, but
not the application.xml. So this does look fishy. Here
is my (current) ant code:

<jar jarfile="${sonora.ear.destination}"
     basedir="./lib"
     includes="*.jar"
     update="true" >
    <metainf casesensitive="true"
             file="./src/META-INF/application.xml">
    </metainf>
</jar>

This updates all the jars, as expected, but not the application.xml.