ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Download set of files under a directory on a HTTP server?
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2005 00:43:49 GMT
On 10/18/05, Jeffrey E Care <carej@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> HTTP is not a filesystem. Some webservers may be configured to present a
> filesystem-like view when a directory is selected, but that behavior is
> not part of the spec.
>
> You may be able to use wget to solve your problem, but in general the
> concept of "downloading a directory" simply doesn't exist in HTTP.

Right. I wonder though whether HttpClient has some "screen scraping"
code that extracts the 'directory listing' many web servers (i.e.
Apache) produce.

In any case, this would need custom coding to do the screen scraping
(which would be brittle) and then issue a <get> for each file to
download. --DD