ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <>
Subject Re: build successfull but apply did nothing
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2005 00:34:51 GMT
On 10/18/05, Yves Willems <> wrote:
> I'm trying to get a gcc apply task running but found out that it simply
> doesn't execute the executable I specify.
> I can put in rubbish and still it tells me that it ran successfully. This is
> the command syntax:

<apply> is a "smart" task, meaning that it does dependency checking,
and if everything looks up-to-date (timestamp of target files are
newer than corresponding source files), it doesn't do anything.

I'd say it's possible you have a foo.o file in your current dir that's
newer than foo.c.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message