ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: seemless integration of custom tasks?
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2005 14:01:18 GMT
> Without modifying the "core" ANT distribution this is not possible...

Well, it is possible to use a task/type without a taskdef if you
package your tasks/types as an antlib and use XML namespaces in the
buildfile, with the Magic antlib:package-to-antlib-xml-file
namespaces.

It's not in the strictest of sense a taskdef ;-) That's the closest to
seemless integration you can get with ant as-is. It's a design choice
by the Ant community to have tasks outside the Ant distribution be
explicitly declared.

There's been talk on the dev list recently to have some AntLibs
auto-loaded. As long as it's not the default behavior, I'm fine with
it (I prefer using XML NS). The ant/autolib/ directory Steve suggested
sounds fine to me for example. --DD