ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Clarification - unless and/or if
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2005 02:46:22 GMT
> I am using Ant 1.6.5 - can multiple properties be specified in the "if"
> or "unless" attributes of a given target?

No.

> If this is not possible, what is the best practice for executing a
> target if multiple conditions are met?  I could do the following, but I
> end up creating all kinds of extra/throw-away properties:

Right.

Some people like to use Ant-Contrib's <if> task that takes a condition
directly, no need for a property, but you don't have 2 or more targets
anomore, but different branches inside a single target (or the
top-level), which may no fit your need.

I personnally use a custom if-like sequential that behave more like
XSL's <if> (no else branch) than Ant-Contrib's if (if then [else]),
and not that often.

--DD