ant-user mailing list archives

From Ninju Bohra <ninju_bo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Usage of antcall
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2005 02:51:41 GMT
The slightly longer answer...

The problem is that at a high-level every <antcall>
invokes an new private "ANT" environment.  Any
properties that are defined inside that new private
"ANT" enviroment are not copied back out to the
orignating "ANT" enviroment.

Your property ${admin} is loaded inside a private
"ANT" enviroment and so its visible/lifetime is
limited to that enviroment.

By using a depends= attribute (or a <macrodef>
technique) on starting target you retain the original
ANT enviroment through all the ANT targets and so all
properties definitions are retained.

Hope that helps

--- pritesh.saharey@wipro.com wrote:

> I am trying to use antcall, I had a property file
> called admin.size in
> which value admin=136374, I can't put this property
> file admin.size
> ouside of create-zip target.
>
> <target name="create-zip" description="Generates the
> zip files">
>
> 		<property file="admin.size"/>
> 		<move file="Admin.zip"

tofile="${common.name}${today.date}${admin.name}${admin}.zip"/>
> 		<mkdir

dir="${today.date}/${common.name}${today.date}${admin.name}${admin}"/>

> 	</target>
> 	<target name="splitte-zip">
> 		<antcall target="create-zip"/>
> 		<java classname="Helper" fork="yes"
> failonerror="true">
> 			<arg value="-break[10240]"/>
> 			<arg

value="${common.name}${today.date}${admin.name}${admin}.zip"/>
> 			<arg

value="${today.date}/${common.name}${today.date}${admin.name}${admin}"/>