ant-user mailing list archives

From Alan Gutierrez <alan-ant-u...@engrm.com>
Subject Pure Ant
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 12:04:26 GMT
    I've spent the past few days configuring Ant, and doing my best
    to avoid external dependencies in the build. It is working.

    I don't like seeing 3-5 targets scroll by just to set
    properties, though. I'm ready to adopt Ant Contrib if it means
    making the build less verbose, and hopefully faster.

    I am using some outside tasks to build the code, but except for
    Ivy, I'm not using any to run Ant itself.

    What is your experience? What happens to an Ant build when you
    start getting into dependencies? Does Ant contrib fill in the
    blanks nicely, or will I just keep adding dependencies?

--
Alan Gutierrez - alan@engrm.com - http://engrm.com/blogometer/