ant-user mailing list archives

From rob...@elastica.com
Subject PMD and Checkstyle rules.
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2005 20:10:37 GMT
So whilst I understand how to use <uptodate> to determine whether .class files
are in sync with .java file etc. How do you do this when you have say a PMD or
checkstyle producing less files than there are classes and you want to only
reparse the source trees if in fact source has been changed since you last ran
PMD. even if you've compiled since. Then basically have you compare the dates
of the PMD xml file and the dates of all the source files. If any last date
modified of a source file is more recent than the PMD xml file then you want to
run PMD again. Ideally only on the file that changed but I can live with it
needing to run it again on all files since it doesn't produce reports per
file.

How do you structure the targets when you need to compare the timestamps b/w two
different arbitary sets of files?