ant-user mailing list archives

From "Marion, Patrick" <patrick.mar...@certive.com>
Subject How can ant detect it is running on a 64 bit machine?
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2005 00:06:06 GMT
Problem:
	have ant tell me whether I am running on a 64 bit architecture.

I thought the solution was:

	check for the value of the "os.arch" property.

Unfortunately, if I can make something out of the value returned on Windows
("amd64) I can't on Linux (it returns "i386" which is identical to the one
on a 32 bit machine); solaris sparc just returns "sparc".  The only os.*
properties which seem to be available to ant at start time seem to be:
"version", "name", and "arch".

Any suggestion on how to better handle this?

Thanks.
P.