ant-user mailing list archives

From "Rhino" <rhi...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Re: Update manifest in jar with additional attribute
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2005 17:39:30 GMT

Why not give it a try yourself? You'll probably get the answer more quickly
than waiting for the handful of people who have actually done what you
describe; you'll likely learn a few unexpected things along the way, too.

I've always found that it was better for me to answer a question via my own
experiments if they weren't too complicated to set up. Your question doesn't
sound like it would be difficult to set up.

Rhino

----- Original Message -----
From: "Karr, David" <david.karr@wamu.net>
To: "Ant Users List" <user@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2005 1:17 PM
Subject: Update manifest in jar with additional attribute

I have a need to build a target that updates the manifest of a jar file
with an additional attribute (perhaps replace if it's already present).
If I use a jar task, with 'update="true"' and an inline manifest element
containing the property I want to add, and no files specified, what is
it likely to do?  Would this do exactly what I want, or would it replace
the entire manifest, or replace the jar with no files, or something
else?