ant-user mailing list archives

From "Kinjal" <>
Subject RE: Very basic newby problem?
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2005 13:32:27 GMT
how to use ant in clear case
write procedure asap

LionBridge Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Kinjal Vohra
SCM/Build Engineer
5th Floor, Spectra Bldg.,
Hiranandani Business Park,
Powai, Mumbai-400076.
Maharashtra, India.
tel: +912255567349
mobile: +919867240708

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Wickson []
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 18:05
Subject: Very basic newby problem?

I am attempting the run the following ant script:

<project name="MyProject" basedir=".">
simple example build file

<target name="compile" description="compile the source" >
<javac srcdir="common" destdir="common"/>

where common is a directory under the root directory (containing the
build.xml file) that contains some java source files.

When I run the script with the debug option i get the following output:
Apache Ant version 1.6.5 compiled on June 2 2005
Buildfile: build.xml
Adding reference: ant.PropertyHelper
Detected Java version: 1.4 in: C:\Program Files\IBM\Java142\jre
Detected OS: Windows XP
Adding reference: ant.ComponentHelper
Setting ro project property: ant.version -> Apache Ant version 1.6.5compiled
June 2 2005
Setting ro project property: ant.file -> C:\testoutput\build.xml
Adding reference: ant.projectHelper
Adding reference: ant.parsing.context
Adding reference: ant.targets
parsing buildfile C:\testoutput\build.xml with URI =
Setting ro project property: <> ->
Adding reference: MyProject
Setting ro project property: ant.file.MyProject -> C:\testoutput\build.xml
Project base dir set to: C:\testoutput
+Target: compile
Attempting to create object of type
Adding reference: ant.executor

no attempt seems to compile the files and indeed no class files are created.

if i run the command javac common\*.java from the root directory it works

I have the following env. variables set:
JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\IBM\Java142

I assume it must be something quite fundamental but the fact that i see
javac run independently and Ant is invoked, I can't think what.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message